proud to be indiblogger

Friday, April 20, 2012


Well let me start like this..........everyone has bad days but the days don’t seem so bad when u kind of know it’s bad. People rather laugh it off in such cases. The realization is pathetic but the aftermath is exhilarating...somewhat like gaining independence.
I wake up, roam around aimlessly in my dingy, untidy, stinky but loveable room until I realized it’s getting late for college. Take a careless bath, put on a crumbled shirt which is apparently a bit small for a 32b frame. Hurriedly leave home before mother can dart harsh comments at the worn-down looks of her daughter. Now the adventures of the unfortunate day treader begin. Now if you are a Delhi girl and by all means from a middle class conservative background then walking past a fleet of cops who are staring at you and you are pretty sure of that, can be like a humiliation. I really regretted wearing that shirt at that time as I could’ve gone by unnoticed otherwise. Mid way I get a call from a friend who needs something I borrowed from her which implies I have to go back the same way, face the embarrassment again to get her work done. I walked back with more confidence trying to avoid faces only to be stared at harder than the first time. That done, carrying my hurt self confidence I climb the stairs of metro station with a wave of people coming against my flow. And lo….. my shirt buttons pop out. Holy shit!!! Did anyone see?????…. To hell with them I had my inners no worry, stay calm, put the buttons back normally like u don’t mind keeping them open anyway. Sshheewww…..it’s okay… nothing happened…. It was nothing…..and then.. “ paacccch”. There is something warm and wet over my head all of a sudden. Curse you pigeon!!!! That rascal was here to take a crap on my and only my head with perfect aim. Shit! Do I have a napkin even? I clean myself up with a noticeable pout on my face which definitely wasn’t looking good. I dint have the courage to enter the general compartment which is usually crowded by people not of my specie, lest my shirt pops open again. Surprisingly today a girl stares at me and I don’t know if that was meant in a loveable way( l-factor included) or for criticism for wearing a thing that is literally tearing apart from, you know what!  By that time I had totally accepted that I was officially having a bad day. It took me minutes to structure everything and think again. And yes! It was a big bad humiliating day! Guys would call a fight with girlfriend/best friend/parents, bad marks, no internet (deprived of the things that it provides for leisure and pleasure, if you know what I mean) a bad day! But for girls or most of the girls loss of self esteem is to be the end of the world. Girls will reconsider every wrongdoer but not the one who had hurt their self esteem. Although nothing turbulent and boisterous had happened up till then but my fragile self confidence had leaked out from some pore in an unidentified location of my heart. I got out of station to reach college contemplating how writable the day was in my diary; then again I don’t know what probability the overhead tank of the nearby shop had, to leak right when I was passing below it. And I was there half drenched in water trying to figure out how a pigeon could pee that much but to my happiness it was plain water, clear water. And suddenly while walking ahead not caring about the people who watched, I had an unexpected big smile on face.   I knew it was a bad day, so who cares! This will be a different day! I will learn to laugh at myself; probably the day wouldn’t be that bad and would turn out to be the best. A lot of bad things happened that day. No, not bad like having bad grades while friend topped, extra angry mom (well this is a given, in my life) or any guy problem (like I ever even had one dumb dog). But I don’t thing I ever learned anything new from the above mentioned things as much as I learned today. No it wasn’t the best day…….. I bunked classes, hopped around college administrative office only to find the person I need isn’t there and searched all college to look for a perfect solitary place to have lunch alone only to find I dint have a spoon so walked back all the way to the other corner to get a plastic spoon. But I worked alone and now I know I actually got things done. I worked alone, travelled alone while people studied in class. I dint criticize things but tried to understand why things were like this. I thought about life and tried to understand what I need in life. Why was I thinking all that? Because today I realized my life isn’t perfect and so tomorrow I will try to improve it. I dint really win a medal of honor or anything but sometimes small things have a greater significance in life! Today I learned to accept things as they were, a thing which I had failed to do in past; as I was incessantly comparing myself with the world. It wasn’t spontaneous but the feeling gradually set in as the day closed. I still don’t know why I am thinking like this just because of irrelevant things happening coincidentally on the same day. But there are times when you feel you really should be thinking like this all your life; this is the attitude you need. Today is that time; the perfect blend of determination and sensibility and satisfaction. Its true time will change and suddenly I will again become one of the dogs working madly, making a place in this world but writing the feeling down might help me to get inspired someday again in future when I have an official retreat of “THE RUSH OF BAD LUCK”.



No comments:

Post a Comment